We are always looking for new engagements, so if you would like us to be part of your entertainment programme for the coming year, or are looking for music for a special occasion please contact the Band Secretary, Janet Watson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to hear us in rehearsal before making a booking you are welcome to come along to Allostock Village Hall, Chapel Lane, WA16 9LQ on a Monday evening. Please contact Janet first.
Our fees are surprisingly affordable, please contact Janet for a quote.
- A suitable playing area or stage from which the band can perform. The band normally consists of 15 to 22 musicians with a vocalist and associated sound equipment and music stands.
- Chairs for the players (exact numbers can be obtained if necessary from the secretary). These need to be upright chairs with no arms.
- Outdoor venues should provide some cover to protect equipment from wet weather where possible, unless agreed prior to the event.
All band electrical equipment complies with statutory regulations and is PAT tested annually by a qualified electrician in accordance with The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. The venue must make available:
- A minimum of 2 separate standard electrical sockets (Type G 13A/230–240V 50Hz BS1363). The band will use a 4 way extension lead from each socket to provide sufficient electrical sockets for all equipment.The sockets need to be separate so that any protection devices such as circuit breakers or fuses are not tripped through overloading; a single electrical socket and 2 way extension will not be acceptable.
- Adequate lighting for players to read their music.